The countdown is on...
Summer is here!! This means music festivals, concerts, and outdoor festivities. The girls at Elixir Hair Studio have come up with the hair products you need to take with you, how-to's for dance-ready hair, and of course fun ways to enhance your style.
Products To Bring
If you're not going to be washing your hair...
KMS Makeover Spray or Bumble and bumble Pret-a-Powder
- Both these products act as a dry shampoo, but one is a spray and one is a powder. It really depends on what your preference is, but both will diminish the oils at the root and give you a fresh-hair look (you can thank us later). It is definitely a necessity to bring one of these, and good news, we have both of these products in travel size at the salon!
KMS Playable Texture
- This spray is awesome when your hair is dry because it makes it easy to create layers and grit in your hair. More texture means more grip and more styling possibilities. It also lets you rework a style any time, and has a lasting finish. You'll notice that your hair will be more manageable with this spray, and it gives you a bit of volume too.
Bumble and bumble Surf Spray
- Wanna look like your hair is straight from the ocean? This spray will give you that beachy texture that you want! It also adds volume, and protects from UVA and UVB rays. Good for all types of hair, this foaming mousse also enhances your hair's moisture and has hair-nourishing ingredients.
Bumble and bumble HIO Dry Oil Spray
- This spray controls your frizz while conditioning your hair. It can be used every day (including day 1 of washing your hair) and it doesn't even feel like you're putting product in your hair it's so light! Essentially this protects your hair from getting fry throughout the day and it also has UV protection which is perfect for hair that is out in the sun.
If you are going to be washing your hair...
KMS Moist Repair Revival Creme
- This is a daily moisturizer for your hair. It helps balance the moisture and improves the manageability of your hair, while leaving your hair shiny and healthy. It won't leave your hair greasy, and it works miracles for your ends! The revival creme is also good for all hair types and won't weigh down your hair either.
KMS Moist Repair Anti-Breakage Spray
- The best way to describe this spray is a band-aid for your hair. It helps protect against weak ends, strengthens brittle hair, and restores your hair's natural protective coating. It conditions and detangles, and is a good product for people who use a lot of hot tools or who are often in hot, dry climates.
Bumble and bumble Don't Blow It
- We all know that sometimes you just don't have time to do your hair after you wash it. This creme enhances your air-dried hair by giving texture and body, without feeling like you actually just put product in your hair. It makes your hair feel soft, and it's always nice to be able to tame flyaways without using heat tools.
Bumble and bumble Surf Foam Spray Blow Dry
- This is a cool product because it is part mousse, and part salt spray. It gives you some volume at the root, as well as some grip and hold for a beachy blow dry. This is another product with UVA and UVB protection so that you don't have to worry about your locks drying out in the sun! Out of all of bumble's surf products, this one will give you the most volume and lift.
Fishtail Braid (2 Day Style)
Braids are IN and this year it seems the more boho, the better. Though sometimes braids are more difficult to do on yourself, they're easy to do on others and they're definitely a good way to look cute but be practical at the same time. The best part about this is that they give you a two-day style where you can obviously have the cool braided look the first day, and then let them out for perfect waves the next day. Wet hair usually yields the best results for braids that will give you waves, but dry hair works too for a looser look!
This style is one of the casual classics! It's super easy, and it's supposed to look like there wasn't much effort put into it. The super nice thing about this is that you can make it look relaxed or formal, depending on your day. You will be able to keep the hair out of your face and still look cute while doing so, what more could you need?
Enhancing Your Style
- It's actually super easy to put glitter in your hair, and keep it there until you wash your hair. All you need is KMS Hair Play Styling Gel and some loose glitter.
- To do this, squirt some gel into a bowl and add the desired amount of glitter. Style your hair the way you would like, then use a brush to paint the fun on!
Pops of Colour
- Bumble and Bumble came out with some limited edition colour sticks this year that enable you to put non-permanent pops of colour into your hair however you like!
- All you have to do is take a piece of hair from wherever you like and then pretend like you're colouring. It's super easy and lasts until you wash your hair.
- Things like flowers, headbands, and even hoops have been being put in different hairstyles to make them unique.
- With all these being so easy to just put in and go, they will definitely be a trend in this upcoming festival season!
Whether you're heading to Edmonton's Folk Music Festival, travelling to B.C. for Shambhala, or anything else this summer we've got you covered in the hair department. Remember it's easy to make your style even more unique by putting your own spin on the things mentioned above. We would love to see what you come up with so make sure when you post pics you tag us (@elixirhairstudio) and use the hashtag #ExperienceElixir.